Dividing area at Kulai

Before 1950, Kampung Baru was covered by rubber and pineapple plantations. When government announced the curfew, more than 3000 occupants in Pekan Baru were relocated here. During the time, there were no road, drainage, water and electrical supply. Most of the houses were built scattered with nipah roof. With the presence of local council, infrastructures in Kulai were developed. Other areas were divided into small town area, Chinese, Indian and Malay Schools area. Among the early stage roads were Jalan Sekolah Cina, Jalan Lengkungan, Jalan Durian, Jalan Ngu Lai Sheng, Jalan Ruo Jian and many more.

In the early 1950s, there were no electrical and water supply in Kulai. Street light used was only oil lamps. The person who responsible for lighting up the oil lamp at Senai and Kulai were He Ruo Chang and Feng Bing Li. Before the war, the job was handled by Luo Ling and Shen Wen. Meanwhile for the water supply facilities, each family had to dig a well within their area.

Before end of 1950, Syarikat Elektrik Yong Ann starts to supply electricity to each family. Electric current was supplied between 7 pm to 5 am. After 10 years, residents all over Kulai have the opportunity to enjoy 24 hours electrical supply from the government.

In 1960, Parliament member for Southern Kluang, Zhen Chong Wen managed to overcome the water problem. Since then, many health facilities and public toilets were built. In 1961, there was a misunderstanding between Malaysia and Indonesia and the whole Malaysian local council was been disbandment and then replaced by district council. Chairman of MCA, Lee San Chai was appointed as a leader of Kulai District Council. Then, it was handover to Fu Ci Sheng for 10 years.